Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Diary Entry

You know that feeling in your chest? Like there's something on fire in there, yet at the same time it feels like someone has their hand wrapped around your heart, and they're squeezing it, but your heart is still pounding? Yeah... I love that feeling! People tend to call this 'nerves' or 'being nervous', but really it's the release of adrenaline and other fun chemicals your body produces. I call it being excited, it's a cup-half-full thing... I can't go into too much detail, but let's just say things are working out quite nicely. A positive mindset has a VERY powerful impact on your future. Trust me.

Today is the culmination of 10 years of work. It feels the same as every other day that led up to this point, which is a little surprising, I thought it would be different. I think I'm finding more comfort in things staying relatively the same, acknowledging this change would just make it all the more awkward. I'm extremely grateful for everything I've learned and experienced, and for the many relationships I've formed as a result. However, the time has come to move on, and this next step should help me get a lot closer to my goal. (That goal is to have my own business and become financially independent. It's not too much to ask.)

As far as the guinea pig thing goes, I figured out last night that if you just give them a piece of apple they stop squeaking! Who knew? TQ did. Turns out he does more than just lurk on the blogosphere, he actually knows something! Incredible...

Make sure to check back tomorrow, I'll have some more 'concrete' details, and hopefully more good news and a few funny stories!

1 comment:

  1. Like, dude, totally. Good luck.
    And thanks for giving the squirrel some apple. Some folks think that squeaking is adorable. I'm not one of them. (at least not in the middle of the night.....) Now at 8 when you are supposed to be up and off to work? Yah, it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete